Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager, you play a critical role in leading and driving the company’s financial growth. Your mission is to improve the company’s market position, increase the company’s bottom line, attract and pursue new clients as well as identify, analyze, recommend and execute value creation opportunities (such as a new revenue stream, a new market and/or new business venture or tie-up). Leveraging on your extensive experience and knowledge of the Animation Industry, your responsibility ranges from identifying the likely selling points of a project, ascertain the potential of properties, create new revenue streams while expanding the market of existing properties through innovative marketing strategies, tapping into the expertise or tie-up with business partner(s) or exploitation of the changing trends, etc, while developing strategic plans and sales strategies to undertake, negotiate and close those business deals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish business development strategies and long-term plans to expand the company’s market shares, business revenue and company’s client portfolio in the Animation Industry, with primary focus on service-for-hire contracts, co-production projects, identification of potentially lucrative properties and establishment of new business ventures (such as Joint-Venture) including acquisition of, or merger with another company.
- Be responsible to administer and execute business development strategies in order to prospect for sales leads and solicit for new accounts. Professionally pursue these sales leads and translate them into sales.
- Oversee and manage the full sales cycle from identifying prospective business opportunities, liaising with stakeholders, driving the negotiation, closing the deal to administrative processes (such as invoicing, payment tracking, etc), and works in conjunction with the operations team to ensure implementation of operational delivery processes.
- Manage customer accounts and build relationships and rapport with key decision makers within customer base, while continually build and develop new business opportunities.
- Discuss annual targets and business strategies with the management team, through appraisal of the developments and trends in the Animation Industry.
- Prepare sales status reports, such as reports on sales forecasts, sales leads and projects, including activity reports with respect to deal closings, follow-up and achievement of goals made or sales targets.
- The candidate should ideally possess a good Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any relevant field with more than 5 years of experience in Sales and Marketing preferably with proven track-record in a similar role in the Media Industry.
- It is essential that the candidate has prior international work experience and has a network and access to key executives in multi-national corporations.
- Possess engaging and highly effective inter-personal skills that cultivate and grow lasting business relationships both internally and externally, with a strong grasp of the English language (both written and verbal) and one other major commercial language as the Animation Industry players are universal.
- He/she must be people-centric, result oriented and have the ability to take ownership and set personal goals and priorities
- Must be a self starter, highly motivated, possess strong negotiation skills, good business acumen and the ability to respond and react effectively when under pressure.